Nothing stressful than getting car puncture while in the valley of ferocious creatures. The situation can even become worse if you don’t have air supply back-up with you. Unfortunately, many drivers are victims of the circumstance because they tend not to see the significance of having a portable air tank. Appreciations to the invention of the air tank because you can now enjoy your trip to the fullest with air source. Although this unit is mostly used for garage, shop and home application, some can still use it for spraying paints.
More importantly, air tanks supply compressed air for cleaning and inflating tires. These air tanks are mainly used to supply air in the industry sectors for their flexibility, convenience, and safety. Because of this, there is the significance of knowing the key features of the ideal air tanks and what contributed to its unique.
How to Choose The Best Air Tank
- Size: The most common air tanks range between 1-to-6 gallons. For this reason, the larger the tank, the more air it holds. It is evident that your ideal choice should serve you unceasingly without frequent tank refilling to avoid interruption during operations. For those who require large air volume, they have no other option but to consider the size. Therefore, the proper size of the air tank delivers the CFM required.
- CFM: CFM determines how fast the air tank can supply air and it is denoted as cubic feet in one minute. It is tested at 90 psi to give the average number for gun nailers. However, the conventional test ranges between 0.6-2.8 CFM
- Power Supply: Power Supply is a critical factor when it comes to choosing air tanks. Mainly air tank run on either gasoline or electric power. Gas-powered air tanks are typically portable and industrial-grade whereas electric-powered may not be portable for a smooth relocation to the job site. You can opt for any depending on the nature of the job site.
- Vertical vs. horizontal oriented: Air tanks must be oriented either vertically and horizontally. Though, this doesn’t influence the quality of the air tank; nevertheless, vertical air tanks usually features a smaller footprint. Contrary to that, the horizontal air system are more comfortable to relocate. All in all, the ideal one should be cost-effective and capable of satisfying your needs.
List of Best Air Tank in 2023
#10. Viair 91014 4-Port 1-Gallon Air Tank
When you’re in pursuit of air tank for the industrial and off-road market, Air reservoir tank by VIAIR is a great air supply for Jeeps operating onboard portable compressors and air systems. Additionally, 4WD features an extensive lineup of accessories and products by VIAIR like airline fittings, pressure gauges, and air filters. Luckily enough, the unit inflates inter-tubes, operate air tools, and re-inflate tires as well.
Moreover, it draws numerous amps with varied PSI working compression to inflate bigger tires fast and hassle-free. Increasingly, the unit is accompanied by isolator bushing and mounting hardware accessories. Also, it incorporates mounting brackets and four NPT ports each measuring 1/4-inches.
- Weighs 6.65 pounds
- Air tank capacity: 1 Gallon
- Maximum Air Compression: 150 PSI.
- Has 4 Ports each having 1/4 NPT
- Corrosion resistance construction with silver coating
- Isolator bushings and mounting hardware included
#9. Pro-Force Portable FT5 5-Gallon Air Tank
Obtain fully assembled 5-gallon air tank by Pro-Force. It is quite fortunate that the unit features an industrial-grade brass manifold. Additionally, it as well incorporates an easy-access fill valve, air pressure gauge, pressure release valve, air line shut-off valve, 0.25-in, by 3-ft by air chuck and air hose.
With a long-lasting, welded on the handle, the air tank is ideal for recreational inflation, blow cleaning, and emergency tire inflation. It is also suitable for workshop dusting applications, inflating sports balls, and even bike tires. Next, the unit features rubber hose material, oil-free lubrication, and steel metal construction and 135 PSI pressure.
- Air-line shut-off valve
- Has 135 Max PSI
- Pressure release valve
- Durable-welded on handle
- Premium-grade brass manifold
- 3ft hose alongside locking air chuck
- Integrated with air pressure gauge
#8. HornBlasters 8-Port 5-Gallon Steel Air Tank (Black)
The 8 Port and 5-Gallon Tank is ideal for all onboard air applications like Jake Brakes, load leveling, adjusting tire pressure and some more! Therefore, this air tank meets the DOT standard and features 300 PSI burst rating. Unlike the other tanks, HornBlasters air tank features one ¾-inches port and seven 0.5-inches ports that provide maximum air-flow.
Interestingly, the ports are conveniently positioned; on the side, there are 4 ports, one on top, on end, it features other 1, and on the bottom, there is another one port. With these ports you can easily install the safety blow-off valve and a drain cock even if you fix the air tank sideways or upside down. Furthermore, the tank incorporates powder-coated black varnish as well as an epoxy enameled internal surface to prevent corrosion.
- Capacity: 5-gallon air tanks
- Powder Coated Black
- Has one 0.5-inches NPT Ports
- Weighs 20.5 lb.
- Seven NPT Ports each measuring 0.75-inches
- One burst-pressure of 300 PSI
- 150 PSI Operational Pressure
#7. VIAIR (91025) 2.5 Gallon Air Tank
Viair Corporation presents full line air tanks and air fixtures of supreme quality for industrial, on-the-road, and off-road applications. Additionally, the 2.5 Gallon air tanks by Viair features unsurpassed quality to withstand even the severest elements and extreme conditions.
Unlike, the renewable air sources, it consistently delivers superior performance. To expound more on the air tank capacity, it features 2.5 gallons, 150 PSI pressure rating and is equipped with six NPT ports each 1/4 inch. For a trustworthy guarantee, the unit is backed-up with a 1-year limited warranty for covering only but not limited to a product defect in artistry and material. Fascinatingly, the unit is entirely coated internally, externally and continuously welded to resist rusting.
- Weighs 18 pounds
- Air tank capacity:2.5 Gallon
- Maximum Air Compression: 150 PSI.
- Fitment: Universal Fit
- Has six female Ports each having 1/4 NPT
- Non-rusting steel construction
- Isolator bushings and mounting hardware included
- Air Tank has -40°F to +176°F temperature rating
#6. Pro-LifT W-1005 5-Gallon Air Tank
The 5-gallon air tank from Pro-Lift has become a superb and lightweight air cylinder to keep your air actuated gear, and car tires inflated. It is therefore clear that the unit features adaptable fixture and air hose for pumping up at your convenience. Increasingly, the tank is durable proven for its sturdy steel construction and rust-resistant backed finish. Also, it features 125 psi and pressures gauge which provides the unit with the easy-to-read platform.
With a patented inbuilt pressure bypass valve, this air tank releases pressure very well when the need arises. Additionally, it can also be used horizontally and vertically based on your preference. It is also backed up with a limited warranty of 90-days.
- Patented inbuilt pressure bypass valve
- Weighs 16.45 pounds
- Heavy-gauge steel structures alongside the rust-resistant baked finish
- Easy-to-read pressure gauge
- Has 4-feet rubber hose
- Compression: 125 PSI
- Durable valve chuck
- Portable design alongside comfortable carrying handle
#5. Ninja Paintball Rival 68/4500 Air Tank (Compressed HPA)
The 68/4500 air tank from Ninja Paintball is the most upgraded and reputed air tanks in the industry of paintball. This 68/4500 HPA air tank is explicitly constructed to cater for paintball players in the tournament level. This 4500 PSI, 68-cubic-inch air tank will deliver 1200-1300 shots off per single fill. Ideally, this air tank by Ninja Paintball is suitable for any scenario or competitive player.
More expounding on this, the cylinder is TC and DOT certified carbon fiber with a reliable regulator that provides a smooth flow of air alongside steady output pressure. Additionally, the tank has a lifecycle of 5-year before the carrying out of a hydro test. Both low and high-pressure rupture disks are mounted for the maximum level of safety. For quality and durability assurance, Ninja Paintball allows 90-days warranty.
- Reliable regulator for stable output pressure and smooth air flow
- Cylinder size: 68-cubic-inches
- Fixed output pressure: 800 PSI
- Have 5-years Hydro Test Interval
- Fill capacity: Standard 4500 PSI
- Deliver 1200 shots in one fill
- Lightweight TC & DOT ratified carbon fiber tank
#4. Ninja Paintball Air Tank (Adjustable Regulator Sizes)
HPA air tank by Ninja has become an ideal companion for paintball players today. This air tank is more budget-friendly than other options. In all honesty, the tank features in four-different sizes namely 13ci/35ci/48ci/62ci and all are 3000 psi pressures rated. Interestingly, Ninja paintball air tank also came with superb and easy-to-read gauge and excellent regulator.
Increasingly, one excellent feature on aluminum air tank from Ninja is its adjustable regulator. The regulator can be used to adjust 450-to-850 psi and features a 5 and 1.8k burst disc rather than 7.5 and 1.8 k burst disc you’d receive on the typical carbon fiber tanks.
- Aluminum construction for durability
- Five-year hydro-test
- 3000 psi air tank working pressure
- Features in four-sizes: 13ci/ 35ci/48ci/62 ci
- TC and DOT and approved
- Flat bottom design
- Adjustable Regulator Sizes
#3. Performance Tool W10005 5-Gallon Hi-viz Horizontal Air Tank
Made in Switzerland, this trusted 5-Gallon air Tank alongside tire air chuck is designed and manufactured for easy application. They come in various option giving a great choice at quite a low price and most excellent quality. Moreover, W10005 Hi-viz from Performance Tool is the ideal portable air tank you can ever get in the market.
Most importantly, this lightweight air tank features an inbuilt safety release value. These valve opens or closes manually to release air. Moreover, it is characterized by a tire chuck and hose. Also, it features an inbuilt gauge for pressures set. It also delivers 125 maximum psi.
- 125 maximum psi
- Air adjustment On/off dial
- Portable and lightweight alongside handle for convenient transport
- Industrial grade tire air chuck and standard air hose
- Hi-viz color for extra visibility
- Weighs 3.2 ounces
#2. TCP Global 2.5-Gallon Pressure Pot-Paint Tank for Auto-body Large Volume Painting
In the situation whereby large scale spraying or commercial painting is required, heavy-duty 2.5-gallon paint pressure tank by TCP Global become handy. Moreover, the spray pot provides you with a large capacity for storing paint. More importantly, it is ideal for rapid application thus saving you cash and time. More positively, the unit features fluid pressure alongside easy-to-read gauge. It also has a clamp on lid together with gasket.
What’s more this air tank has 3/8″ fluid outlet, 1/4″ air outlet, and inlet and 25-30 psi maximum pressure. So too, this tank can still be used for coating projects such as wood, oil based, lacquers, automobile, primers, varnishes, latex coating, and adhesives mention but a few. The manufacturer allows a 1-year warranty.
- Have 2-1/2 Gallons paint pot capacity
- Air inlet: 1/4-inches
- It incorporates fluid pressure regulator alongside the gauge
- Optimal 25-30 PSI working pressure
- Fluid inlet: 3/8-inches
- Includes Instruction Manual
- Clamp-on Lid alongside Gasket
- Air Pressure Release regulator for Safety
- Weighs 14 pounds
#1. C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake-style tank
Portable-cable air tank tends to have a pancake-design for optimal stability. It also features 150PSI, rubber feet, and the water drain valve. Additionally, the air tank has a capacity of 6-gallon and even an induction motor, which provides optimal performance and long-life service. Ideally, it can be used for firing nailers and filling tires. For convenience, this unit makes the use of typical circuits thus offering mess-free operation.
The higher pressure construction offers long-lasting air tool performance. Moreover, at 90 PSI the unit features 2.6 SCFM for quick time recovery. Next, it also incorporates maintenance-free oil-free pump, AMP 120V motor alongside extension cord. It also features upgraded shroud alongside hand and console casing a vital component for protection. The unit includes a 1-year limited warranty on 10 Amps.
- 150 PSI maximum air tank operating pressure
- 6-gallon pancake-tank style
- Long-lasting oil-free pump
- Two air couplers regulators
- Weighs 34 pounds
- For quick time recovery, it features 2.6 SCFM at air tank operating pressure of 90 PSI
- Inbuilt auto-thermal overload protection
- Low-amp 120-volt motor
Now that you have gone through the best air tank review above selecting the best is no longer a big deal to you at this far. Ideally, the above description provides you with everything you need when it comes to purchasing the best air tank. Best regards as a buy with confidence!
Leave a Reply