The diagnostic scan tools can help you detect problems in your automobiles. They allow you to not just detect the problem but fix it before any kind of breakdown. In the longer run, the diagnostic scan tools can help you maintain your automobile in perfect condition. Moreover, the type of information which they provide is pretty elaborate.
The popularity of such scanning tools is increasing. As a result, the number of options available has gone through the roof. It can be difficult to pick a specific scan tool. We will today share with you some of the factors which you should consider before making a buying decision.
Things to Consider While Choosing Diagnostic Scan Tools
Some of the things which you should consider before choosing the diagnostic scan tools include:
- Type of coverage: It is important to find out the type of coverage on offer. As long as it is OBD2 complaint, most of the automobiles will be covered. There are many other variants as well. You have to always look at the type of coverage provided before taking a call.
- Type of device: Many of the diagnostic tools have a handheld device. Some of them include a touchscreen. The touchscreen ones are easier to operate. These devices are often portable. You can use them when you need to measure the parameters. You have to look at the form factor of the device before taking a call.
- Smartphone compatibility: Many of these diagnostic tools have their own apps. As a result, you will be able to see the metrics on your smartphone. They also let you know if any of the parameters is out of range. Thus, it becomes very easy for you to understand the status of your automobile.
- Security system: The data which is measured using the diagnostic scan tools are often used by the manufacturers. It is important to protect the data. You have to find out whether the tool which you opt for uses encryption or not. You have to always prefer a tool which uses proper encryption. The encrypted data is much safer.
When you’re looking to choose the diagnostic scan tool, it is important for you to consider these few factors. Once you do that, it will be very easy for you to pick the right one.
List of Best Diagnostic Scan Tools in 2023
#10. Innova 3160g Code Reader
- Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 8.2 x 1.5 inches
- Item Weight: 1.5 pounds
The diagnostic tool which we are discussing now has a 3.5-inch display. It can transmit data over Bluetooth. It can measure the parameters of American, European and Asian vehicles. It is compatible with OBD2 cars as well as SUVs and even hybrids.
The advantage of this diagnostic tool is that it can stream real-time data. It can record it. You can view the data not just on the display screen of the tool but also on your computer. Thus, analysis of the data is much easier.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Compatible with various types of automobiles
- Works on domestic and foreign cars
- Can stream and record the data
- 3.5-inch display
#9. Autel Maxisys Elite+TS401
- Product Dimensions: 35.1 x 18.1 x 7.9 inches
- Item Weight: 29.6 pounds
The best thing about this diagnostic tool is that the handheld device is pretty compact. The display allows you to read most of the essential parameters quite easily. You can stream the data on the tablet as per your requirement. It is compatible with most of the OBD vehicles. It can work with domestic and foreign automobiles.
All the information which is present in the diagnostic tool is organized perfectly. You can access the vehicle records, data files as well as the automobile owner information quite easily. It even supports multiple languages. With the help of real-time push notifications through the Internet, you can get information about the status of your vehicle on your smartphone. Thus, in terms of tracking and compatibility, it is a pretty good option.
- Real-time push notifications
- Supports multiple languages
- Works with domestic and foreign vehicles
- Compatible with OBD vehicles
- Can stream the data on the tablet
#8. LAUNCH X431 V (X431 PRO) Diagnostic Scan Tool
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 14 x 4 inches
- Item Weight: 10.7 pounds
When you’re looking for a diagnostic tool which is easy to use, you should definitely consider this option. With the help of this tool, you can generate the diagnostic report in a single click. It supports live data graphing which allows you to observe and understand the data in no time.
It can also program your car key when required. It is compatible with various systems of the car. In all, it is compatible with more than 10,000 car models. It supports multiple languages. There are quite a few things which you can do with the help of this scan tool including brake reset, SAS reset, Gear set, ABS bleed etc. Thus, in terms of versatility, this one is definitely a much better option as compared to others.
- Compatible with over 10,000 models
- Can program car key
- Measures various parameters
- 1 click diagnostic report generation
- Live data graphing
#7. ANCEL FX6000 OBD2 Scanner
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.7 x 2 inches
- Item Weight: 3.2 pounds
The scanner which we are speaking about now is OBD2 full scanner. You have to just connect the scanner and you will be able to get the diagnostic data quickly. There is no need to attach any extra charger or battery. The diagnostic functions include oil service reset, SAS steering angle, engine transmission, ABS airbag and many more.
The tool also supports OBD2 test models and older domestic vehicles. You can view the live data in text or graphic format. It is multilingual which allows you to use it easily. The large TFT screen ensures that you can read the data without any problem. When you’re looking for a diagnostic scan tool which makes the data easy to read, you can consider this option.
- Large display
- Easy to connect to your vehicle
- Compatible with older domestic models
- Compatible with OBD2 test models
- Monitors various car systems
#6. FOXWELL NT624 PRO Professional Automotive Scan Tool
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 3 x 8.7 inches
- Item Weight: 2.9 pounds
The best thing about OBD2 scanner which we are discussing now is that it can scan all the systems of the car. It can help you with the oil light reset and other similar problems. It can read the ABS system, engine and transmission systems. It can also read the status of electronic parking brake and heating and air conditioning systems. All the data which is gathered can be displayed in the graphical format. This allows you to detect the problem quite quickly.
It supports OBD2 vehicles. The diagnostic report is generated pretty fast which allows you to gain access to the data in no time. The tool is also pretty compact which makes it easier for you to use. When you’re looking for a tool which monitors most of the systems of the car, you can consider this option.
- Monitors most of the systems of the cars
- OBD2 compliant
- Displays data in text and graphical format
- Works with domestic and limited foreign vehicles
#5. Heavy Duty Truck Scan Tool
- Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 7.2 x 2.7 inches
- Item Weight: 2.2 pounds
The scan tool which we are discussing now comes in 2 different colors. It supports not just cars but also trucks. The light-duty vehicles are easily supported by it. It can help you monitor various systems like transmission, braking, suspension, ABS and more. It cannot only help you detect the metrics of the systems in cars but also in trucks.
With the help of 2.8 inch TFT screen, it is very easy to integrate the data. The software interface allows you to operate it easily. Thus, when you’re looking for a diagnostic tool which allows you to monitor truck and car systems, you can consider this one.
- Works with cars and trucks
- 2.8 inch TFT display
- Easy to understand graphic user interface
- Allows you to monitor multiple systems
- Available in 2 different colors
#4. Launch CRP Touch Pro Diagnostic Scan Tool
- Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 9 x 4.3 inches
- Item Weight: 2.43 pounds
The scanning tool which we are speaking about now comes along with the tablet. Thus, not only you can view the data easily but you can integrate it and control it with the help of the tablet. It has built-in Wi-Fi which allows you to send the data to another device as well. In terms of the scanning, it can support scanning of various systems. These include lights, battery, braking system among others.
The scanning tool is compatible with 42 brands in America. It can support not just cars but also light duty trucks and SUVs. Thus, detecting the data is very easy. With the help of the Android operating system on the touchscreen, operating it is not a problem at all. When you’re looking for a diagnostic tool which you can control easily with the help of the screen, you can opt for this one.
- Touchscreen display
- Wi-Fi compatible
- Monitors various systems
- OBD2 compliant
- Works with light trucks as well
#3. LAUNCH X431 X-431 HTT Automotive Diagnostic Tool
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 17 x 7.5 inches
- Item Weight: 17.5 pounds
The diagnostic tool can monitor 15 different systems. These include throttle, oil, braking and other functions of the vehicle. In terms of monitoring, this is the most elaborate tool up until now. With the help of this tool, you can monitor the passenger cars and also commercial vehicles. The monitoring is done in real time.
The touchscreen device uses the android operating system. It allows you to easily understand the data and interpret it. With the help of handheld design, you can easily use it to monitor the previous data as well as the current data. It integrates the data with cloud hosting to back up the data if needed. You can access it through your smartphone tablets or even computers. Thus, not only it is easy to access the data but also uses it.
- Monitors 15 different systems
- Works with cars and commercial vehicles
- Touchscreen display
- Data can be backed-up on cloud hosting
#2. XTOOL X-100 PAD 2 Special Functions Expert
- Product Dimensions: 17.6 x 12.9 x 5 inches
- Item Weight: 8.1 pounds
The next diagnostic scan tool can help you to program the various functions of the vehicle. It can help you with battery reset along with oil reset and engine reset. You can easily detect the tire pressure and the parking brake status. Additionally, steering and the calibration data can also be monitored with the help of this diagnostic tool.
When you’re on the lookout for a diagnostic scan tool which supports the latest vehicles, you should definitely go with this one. It comes along with a touchscreen which allows you to easily understand and interpret the data. The touchscreen is more than enough to monitor all the data which is detected by the diagnostic scan tool. All in all, this diagnostic scan tool is not only versatile but can also be operated easily with the help of touchscreen.
- Can help you with oil reset and battery reset
- Can help you detect tire pressure and parking brake status
- Can help you with steering angle calibration and much more systems
- Consist of an 8-inch touchscreen display
- Supports latest vehicles
#1. EUCLEIA Touchscreen Tablet OBD2 Automotive Diagnostics Scan Tool
- Product Dimensions:
- Item Weight:
That brings us to the top of our list. The diagnostic scan tool which we are highlighting now has a tablet to scan the device. It is OBD2 compliant. The interface is pretty clean. The functions include not just diagnosis but also coding and managing the data. You can call for remote assistance as well. Thus, it is the complete package when it comes to diagnostic scan tools. In terms of the various functions, it can help you with ABS bleeding, battery matching, service reset, throttle reset etc.
The 7-inch touchscreen allows you to monitor the data and also send it with the help of a Wi-Fi connection. The OBD2 scan tool is compliant with domestic and foreign brands which makes it easier for you to use it with most of the vehicles. The whole host of features along with the detailed monitoring makes it one of the best diagnostic scan tools which you can buy.
- OBD2 compliant
- 7-inch touchscreen
- Compatible with most of the domestic models
- Monitors various systems
- San send data with the help of Wi-Fi
- Easy touchscreen interface
- Remote assistance calling option
When it comes to diagnostic scan tools, there are quite a few variants available. The problem is that many of them have essential features missing. You have to choose the one which can not only help you with various functions but also monitor the essential data. We have curated this list with great care to include only the best diagnostic scan tools available. You can surely choose from this list to find the most suitable diagnostic scan tool for your vehicle.
Leave a Reply