Underfloor heating may seem a luxury to many people out there who might think it is very expensive. This is not true especially if you are living in cold regions where you need warmth from every aspect. Furthermore, the market avails quality heating kits and mats for heated tile floors that everyone can afford. The idea behind heated tile floors is simple as it is usually a radiant floor heating system in a mat that is fitted to the floor before laying out the finishing layer on top. The electrical cables then warm up the mat and transfer heat the finishing floor which may be the tiles. The market numerous types of heated tile floor mats but here is the list of them to help you make a good decision.
List of Top 10 Best Heated Tile Floors in 2020
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Heated Tile Floors in 2020
- #10. 120V Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System
- #9. 20 Sqft Mat, Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System
- #8. SunTouch Mat (120V) Floor Heat Kit
- #7. 6 ft. x 30 in. 120V Radiant Floor-Warming Mat
- #6. Ceramic & Stone Tile Electric Floor Heating Kit
- #5. 30 Sqft Mat, Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System
- #4. WarmlyYours TC-MEM-BL-054 Prodeso Heating Membrane Roll
- #3. 10 Sqft Electric Floor Heating System
- #2. 89 sq.ft. 120-Volt. Ceramic & Stone Tile Electric Floor Heating Kit
- #1. Ditra heat kit system-DHEK12056- SCHLUTER
- Factors to consider when buying Heated Tile Floors Heating systems
50 sqft Mat Kit, 120V Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System w/ Aube Programmable Floor Sensing Thermostat
20 Sqft Mat, Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System with Aube Digital Floor Sensing Thermostat
SunTouch Mat (120V) Floor Heat Kit 40 sq ft, 24″ x 20′ configurable to fit your space, easily installs before tile/stone for added comfort includes user-friendly Command Touch Programmable Thermostat
6 ft. x 30 in. 120V Radiant Floor-Warming Mat
6 sq.ft. 240-Volt. Ceramic & Stone Tile Electric Floor Heating Kit w/Honeywell Floor Thermostat and Installation Alarm, (4.0 ft. x 1.5 ft.) – Other Sizes Available
30 Sqft Mat, Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System with Aube Digital Floor Sensing Thermostat
WarmlyYours TC-MEM-BL-054 Prodeso Heating Membrane Roll, 54 sq. ft
10 Sqft Electric Floor Heating System with Required GFCI Programmable Floor Thermostat 120V
89 sq.ft. 120-Volt. Ceramic & Stone Tile Electric Floor Heating Kit w/Honeywell Floor Thermostat and Installation Alarm, (59.3 ft. x 1.5 ft.) – Other Sizes Available
Ditra heat kit system-DHEK12056- SCHLUTER
#10. 120V Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System
This is a 50 sqft under tile heating mat that comes with adhesive backing to keep it in position to ensure it stays flat without the need of stapling. It has the best measurements of 20″ wide x 30.5″ long. The mat system uses 120V that provide efficient power of 600W.
It comes with a floor sensing thermostat that controls the heat where the heating cable is only 1/8″ thick. It can heat up to 150 sqft with a single thermostat meaning that it is highly efficient where you can cut the mesh but not the wire.
#9. 20 Sqft Mat, Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System
This is an exclusive electric radiant floor heating system made to cover 20 Sqft mat. It measures 20″ Wide x 20′ Long and uses 120V for high performance and fast heating your tile floors. It uses high-quality cables with a twisted pair for zero EMF.
The mesh can be cut to heat other tile shapes to accommodate all your tile floor heating requirements. The mat is durable and made of excellent material to serve you for a longer period. The cables are made of a single cold lead and very thin to fit the tile floor.
#8. SunTouch Mat (120V) Floor Heat Kit
The Sun Touch Mat can cover 40 sq ft and measures 24″ x 20′. You can configure to fit in your place perfectly. It’s easily installed before the tiles for added comfort that is added by the presence of user-friendly Command Touch Programmable Thermostat.
This an electric tile floor heating system that adds comfort and a sense of touch to your space so that you can live comfortably. It is easy to install with just one-step mortar installation where it can be customized to fit any space and new projects and comes with floor sensor, and install accessories.
#7. 6 ft. x 30 in. 120V Radiant Floor-Warming Mat
The 120V Radiant Floor-Warming Mat is an excellent tile floor heating system that adds luxury and warmth to your home. It’s a perfect size of 33 x 7.9 x 2.3 inches make it perfect to fit any room size where it can also be customized.
It comes with 15 SF SunTouch Mat contains one 30-Inch x 6 Ft mat that enables you to install easily under the tiles stone and laminate for an all-time warm floor. It is easy to install and a great value for your money.
#6. Ceramic & Stone Tile Electric Floor Heating Kit
This electric floor heating kit does wonders and can fit 6 sq.ft. under the tile to warm up your tiles in style. The mat uses 240V, 70W, 0.3amps, and zero EMF to provide an excellent warming effect on the tiles. It comes with an excellent 120/240-Volt manual floor digital thermostat with 5mA GFCI and 15′ floor temperature sensor for convenience.
It fast and easy to install where it is self-adheres to the subfloor. You can also customize the mat by cutting the mesh but not the wires to fit the desired area. It is an excellent tile heating mats that will serve your warming needs for a lifetime.
#5. 30 Sqft Mat, Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System
This mat is an electric radiant floor heating system that covers 50 Square Foot. It measures exclusive 20” Wide x 30’ Long and uses 120V to warm your entire floor within the desired time for maximum comfort. It comes with a double sided tape which is adhesive backing to stick to the floor.
You can cut the mesh for customization and also flip and turn to heat any shape and fit any tile floor size. It comes with a thermostat and sensor and also installation monitor that ensures perfect work done.
#4. WarmlyYours TC-MEM-BL-054 Prodeso Heating Membrane Roll
WarmlyYours is a TempZone Electric Radiant Floor Heating system that covers 54 sq. ft sheet which is suitable for small projects and applications. It is easy to install under different floors and best under the tile floor. The mat comes with uncoupling and isolation advantages to extend the life of the tiles.
The cable enables to maintain proper spacing all over the tiles where you don’t have to wait after installation to lay out the flooring as it can be done immediately. You can also use Proband accessories that enable less increase of the floor height thus enabling minimal height increase.
#3. 10 Sqft Electric Floor Heating System
This is a 10 Square Feet Heating Mat which is 6.1 Feet Long and 20 Inches Wide to cover a significant area of your tile floor. It comes to alongside GFCI 7 Day Programmable Thermostat that uses 120VAC to ensure your heating system is working properly throughout after installation.
It comes with a high-quality cable designed for high performance and to last long and to last up to 20 years while working properly. It comes in a thin profile of 1/8″ thick and multiple configurations all provided to ensure that it adheres to your tile floor.
#2. 89 sq.ft. 120-Volt. Ceramic & Stone Tile Electric Floor Heating Kit
This is a brilliant 89 sq.ft electric tile floor heating mat that uses 120V, 1,054, and 8.8 Amps with Zero EMF to cover and heat your floor efficiently as you like it for comfort. It uses excellent Honeywell 120/240-Volt manual floor digital thermostat that has 5mA GFCI and 15′ floor temperature sensor to ensure that the system always works properly through regulation.
The heating system comes with InstAlarm Installation Monitor that ensures easy installation and peace to find as you are sure of the job done. It’s fast and easy to install as the mat is self-adherence to the tile floor where you can cut the mat and turn to fit the desired floor area.
#1. Ditra heat kit system-DHEK12056- SCHLUTER
The Schluter Ditra heat kit system is an exclusive tile floor heating mat that falls at the top of the heated tile floors. It uses exclusive Ditra Heat Cable DHEHK12038 that goes around to 37.5 sq ft. and uses 120V to heat the tile floor to the desired warmth for maximum comfort.
It comes with excellent 7x Ditra Heat Membrane Sheets 60.3 sq ft to cover the entire floor and a Programmable Digital Thermostat that ensures that everything is working properly during installation and thereafter for maximum efficiency. With 2x Floor Heat Sensors, it ensures that your floor temperature remains constant and prevents cracking thus serving you for long.
Factors to consider when buying Heated Tile Floors Heating systems
- Flooring Material: The type of floor matters a lot because others work better than others. Electric warming systems are usually covered with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tiles that are known to be excellent in conducting heat. Wood, laminate, and vinyl can also work but there will be heat limitations. For those using tiles, it would be the best.
- Uncoupling: Floors that provide uncoupling technology will always be the best as it ensures the floor is not susceptible to cracks. It is good to find Schluter Systems that provides uncoupling which allows movement of heat between the substrate and the tile. This effect neutralizes differential movement between layers thus eliminating the major cause of delaminating and cracking of your tiled surface. of your tiled
- Installation: Installation is another delicate part that requires a professional. It should be conducted by a professional electrician who will perform all the connections and conduct the test to ensure everything is working properly. If you skip one of these steps and later on realize the heating system is compromised in any way, you will have to tear out the entire floor and start again which may cost you a lot.
- Customization: Sometimes you need a custom heated tile floor system such as that of your bathroom. You can go for DITRA-HEAT which is available in by the sheet or by the roll to fit different rooms size where the cables can be placed in any place where heat is required. All these should be done by a professional to ensure accurate work which will not take you back to the start after completion causing you a huge loss.
You have observed that each of these heated tile floors mat heating systems is unique in its own way. They are all durable and will serve you for long with no damages to your tile floor. They are available in the market and at an affordable cost that suits everyone’s needs. Make your turn to purchase and install for a comfortable tile floor.