The skillet has become for some years a tool appreciated for home cooking and, given the success it collects, have not been slow to appear on the market even electric models. This is a novelty still looked suspiciously from our compatriots and you will not find many reviews of the products, so we thought to write a guide that will help you choose the best model.
How to choose a good electric foldaway skillets:
There is no longer any doubt about the benefits of skillet cooking and it has been several years since this kitchen utensil is accessible to individuals. So, if you want to do the right thing in this area, you have to learn how to buy an electric foldaway skillet for better value. This buying guide for the best electric foldaway skillets has been developed to enlighten you a little.
Recommended products to buy:
An electric foldaway skillet can be made of various materials and have a different design from one model to another. The model to choose is that made of resistant materials and whose aesthetic side is refined. But to do this, it is always necessary to invest for its purchase.
List of Top 10 Best Electric Foldaway Skillets in 2019
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Electric Foldaway Skillets in 2019
- #10. Presto 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet
- #9. Aroma Housewares AFP-1600S Gourmet Series
- #8. Hamilton Beach Deep Dish 38528
- #7. Zojirushi Gourmet d’Expert 1350-Watt Skillet
- #6. Black & Decker Family SK1215BC
- #5. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
- #4. Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
- #3. Nesco ES-08 8-Inch Electric Skillet
- #2. Cuisinart GreenGourmet 14-Inch Electric Skillet
- #1. Precise Heat 16-Inch Electric Skillet
- Electric Foldaway Skillets Buying Guide
- How to use an electric foldaway skillet
Presto 06857 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet, Black
Aroma Housewares AFP-1600S Gourmet Series Stainless Steel Electric Skillet
Hamilton Beach Deep Dish Durathon Ceramic Skillet (38528R_
Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d’Expert 1350-Watt Electric Skillet
Black & Decker SK1215BC Family Sized Electric Skillet, Black
De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
Nesco ES-08 Electric Skillet, 8-Inch
Cuisinart CSK-250WS GreenGourmet 14-Inch Nonstick Electric Skillet
Precise Heat 16-Inch Rectangular Surgical Stainless Steel Electric Skillet
#10. Presto 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet
If you do not know which electric skillet to buy, this is a rather versatile choice, which allows you to experiment with various cooking styles thanks to the speed in heating and retaining heat.
You can use it to skip food, to prepare the tempura and also to stew meat or fish, thanks to the fact that a clear glass cover is included in the package. The latter allows you to monitor the cooking at any time and is equipped with a valve to let the excess steam escape.
The five-position thermostat allows you to adjust the intensity of the heat to your liking and, once the food is ready, the skillet comes off easily from the power base to be brought directly to the table.
Let’s recap now the main features of the new Presto 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet, a product characterized by a good quality/price ratio.
#9. Aroma Housewares AFP-1600S Gourmet Series
This product is definitely a candidate for being the best electric foldaway skillet in circulation thanks to the excellent quality and low cost, which ranks it as one of the best-selling models online. The pot is in aluminum alloy, therefore light and rustproof, and inside it has a double non-stick layer to ensure uniformity in cooking. The thermostat has seven settings, ideal for adjustments up to temperature, and the plug on which it is placed can be removed with one hand from the base thanks to a practical click system. The design is particularly taken care of and this has its importance, because after all it is an electrical appliance intended to be in plain sight.
Our guide to choosing the best electric foldaway skillet continues with a list of the advantages and disadvantages of this model. To purchase it at low prices, click on the link below.
#8. Hamilton Beach Deep Dish 38528
If you want to give a touch of liveliness to your kitchen, this product is definitely more cheeky, especially in comparison with the other models in this ranking: the exterior of the skillet is bright red and refers to the warm tones typical of Asia.
It does not particularly affect the power of 1,500 watts, in line with the average but instead we really liked the range of accessories: included in the package you will find a transparent glass lid useful to tackle different cooking without losing sight of food, a half-moon grill which allows you to drain the fried food when you enjoy preparing the tempura and even a bamboo wooden spatula that helps to mix the food without damaging the non-stick coating.
The opinions of users emphasize the good quality/price ratio of this electric foldaway skillet. To find out the reason for this success, read its most important features below.
#7. Zojirushi Gourmet d’Expert 1350-Watt Skillet
The 2400 Watt professional heating element ensures optimal heat distribution to ensure the perfect Asian cooking enjoyment at home. The skillet shell has a diameter of 36cm, a capacity of 6 liters and is therefore also ideal for cooking, frying, vapors, braising and frying suitable. The heat can be adjusted very precisely up to 290° C by means of 15-step temperature control to the needs of the cook.
The device is in the upper price segment and was rated by our testers as consistently positive. Only a few users complained that a separate parking of the skillet, for example on the dining table, was not possible because it is directly connected to the heating plate.
Despite the small weaknesses can be pronounced for the skillet an absolute buy recommendation for anyone who wants to buy a solid and well-functioning model.
#6. Black & Decker Family SK1215BC
Black & Decker Family SK1215BC is designed to be used directly on the common table, equipped with 6 different positions that allow guests to prepare their own meal if they wish. Each station can be used with one of the 6 mini-skillet included in the package, to skip the food, or as a cooking plate to prepare crepes and crepes. The coating is non-stick to facilitate the detachment of food and cleaning after use, and the overall appearance is quite pleasant and informal. It leaves us a bit ‘perplexed the power of only 1,000 watts for the six different locations, which does not allow for a very fast or intense cooking. This is a nice solution to amaze your guests more than a real skillet, so we recommend if you like to organize convivial evenings rather than struggling in the kitchen.
Below you will find the biggest pros and cons of this model. To buy it online at a competitive price, click on the link that follows our description.
#5. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
With a power of 1300 W, this electric foldaway skillet offers you the opportunity to cook your dishes fast enough. In addition to its aesthetic appeal, aluminum has been chosen for its ability to transmit heat instantly. He distributes it evenly. At the same time, it is a material that resists shocks. As a result, this culinary equipment promises a greater longevity.
Furthermore, the tank of this device is protected by a layer of nonstick which completely covers its inner wall, and its outside. This greatly facilitates the cleaning of this utensil. The latter has a handle to lift it. Last but not least, the silvery black color gives it a contemporary look. It will bring the touch of modernity in your kitchen, whatever the decorative style.
Thanks to Thermospot technology, this device makes it possible to prepare dishes in different ways. Understand that this skillet offers three distinct cooking temperature levels. It can cook, grill or simply keep your dishes warm. A light will indicate that the power is on or not. Then, a heat indicator will also help to make the preparations even more complex.
As a bonus, De’Longhi BG45 offers support to keep the ingredients suspended in the tank. This means that this equipment is made for steam cooking. For your safety, the cover has been manufactured in a very strong transparent glass. This ingenious system gives you the opportunity to see the interior of the skillet without having to lift the cover and risk a rise of hot steam.
#4. Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
Proctor Silex 38526 is a multifunctional skillet that ensures every food you cook has an exceptional flavor. The skillet consists of a non-stick aluminum bowl. This means the ease of maintenance of this product and a better diffusion of heat with each use. Aluminum is appreciated for its resistance, which always guarantees a long service life for the material it constitutes.
Its adjustable thermostat system allows you to always succeed each cooking depending on the type of foods to be cooked. The handles of Proctor Silex 38526 are in varnished wood. From an aesthetic point of view, the set is elegant and easy to integrate with other kitchen equipment. In addition, wood is a natural material and is easy to handle at the time of cooking. This model has a glass lid that allows to better follow the evolution of each cooking.
Proctor Silex 38526, like any better electric foldaway skillet, comes with a variety of practical accessories that keep the grill warm, a spatula and pliers. Hence the convenience of its use. By analyzing the strengths of this kind of product you can know how to choose the best electric foldaway skillets of 2019.
#3. Nesco ES-08 8-Inch Electric Skillet
Nesco ES-08 8-Inch is an electric foldaway skillet that works with a power of 1200 W. This skillet allows you to achieve each cooking in a minimum of time possible. The bowl of this model is also made of aluminum coated with non-stick material. This implies that the heat is evenly distributed and cleaning the skillet is always simple.
Nesco ES-08 is equipped with a thermospot system that allows you to start cooking when the normal cooking temperature is reached. A glass lid accompanies Tefal WK302012 to allow you to easily follow the preparation and to give a better appearance to all of this product.
When the power is on, a light will come on. You can adapt each type of cooking to the temperature that suits it thanks to the possibility of using an adjustable thermostat. To make it easy for you to access a power outlet and find the perfect location for this skillet, its manufacturers have ensured that the cord is 2 m long and removable. Which is very convenient for storage. You can consider buying this model, if you are looking for a cheap skillet, but able to play its role properly.
#2. Cuisinart GreenGourmet 14-Inch Electric Skillet
Cuisinart GreenGourmet is an electric foldaway skillet with exclusive quantanium coating. This coating allows you to eat only healthy food with each cooking. In addition, it is able to withstand scratches and friction. This guarantees you a use in the state for many years.
The tank of this model is aluminum to ensure a good distribution of heat. Cuisinart GreenGourmet has a stainless steel grill that allows you to steam. This leaves you free to experiment with different types of recipes. Cuisinart GreenGourmet can be used in 10 different positions to allow you to use it for different preparations. This model allows a temperature adjustment to the type of cooking performed by a thermostat.
Its glass lid helps you better see the state of the food you cook along the cooking. For this model, the tank can be removed at any time and the power supply is removable so that you can immediately sit down without requiring other containers. The capacity of Cuisinart GreenGourmet is equal to 5 liters to serve up to 6 people. Even this model is not a better product, these few strengths explain its presence in this comparison of electric foldaway skillet.
If for you, power is the main asset of an electric foldaway skillet, then the Cuisinart GreenGourmet is the model for you. With its 2200 W and built-in and rising resistance for optimal heat distribution, this device will probably satisfy you.
#1. Precise Heat 16-Inch Electric Skillet
Precise Heat is an electric foldaway skillet whose power reaches up to 2500 W. Such power allows you to achieve each cooking in no time. Precise Heat is made of metal and plastic. The strength of these materials used together ensures a sustainable use of this model compared to conventional models on the market made of other non-resistant materials.
The whole of this product consists of 6 pans of 16 cm in diameter. This allows you to simultaneously prepare different types of foods to meet the specific needs of each member of the family. The pans are covered with non-stick elements to facilitate cleaning after each use. This coating avoids you to use fat to succeed each cooking. With this feature, you only eat healthy foods with this device.
The dimensions of the article are 68.7 cm long, 12 cm wide and 16.5 cm high. You can easily find room for this product in your kitchen if you only consider these measures. The quality of Precise Heat may not be exceptional, but a person who does not have many requirements on the quality of this product can find happiness in opting for this model.
For a food lover, there is nothing better than to share his achievements with his entourage, and have a good time during the tasting. With the Precise Heat electric foldaway skillet and 6 small saucepans, you can share your exotic dishes with the whole family.
Electric Foldaway Skillets Buying Guide
- Power and versatility: Our very first tips if you seriously want to make a good purchase would be to pay attention to the power and versatility of the device. Generally the power of an electric foldaway skillet is between 500W and 2500W and a powerful model is likely to be versatile. However, be aware that an electric foldaway skillet with a power between 750W and 2000W is already satisfactory for domestic use although it would be more interesting to opt for a model with thermostat and that will allow you to achieve other things.
In addition, a versatile electric foldaway skillet can help you steam, make fondues and even grilling. Note that it may be a tray that can contain several skillets or a base with a skillet and several accessories. So, opt for a versatile model if the idea of being able to realize several kinds of cooking seduces you. Do not forget to check the capacity of the skillet, especially if you are used to receiving guests or if you have a large family.
When you’re focused on the power and versatility of the skillet that’s right for you, you’ll have no trouble finding the right skillet for you.
- The grip and the accessories: Owning an electric foldaway skillet that can be easily taken in hand is essential, especially if you start in this area or if you want to avoid all kinds of accidents. So, if you want to have an electric foldaway skillet that will not cause you a problem, always check that the model you like is equipped with handles, because they will protect you from heat and possible accidents.
In addition, opt for a skillet delivered with a lid is also a good idea to avoid splashing and to allow your food to cook quickly. Similarly, an electric foldaway skillet delivered with a spatula, a grill or an accessory for steaming in this way, you will not have to make additional expenses for these accessories and you can use your electric utensil quietly.
- Maintenance and storage: The last points to check before going to a price comparison to determine where to buy a new electric foldaway skillet are maintenance and storage.
Know that a skillet ceramic, cast iron or nonstick material validated by the health authorities is easier to clean and keeps well over time. On the other hand, stainless steel and steel may burn your food even though it is easy to clean and keep it at home. As for storage, it goes without saying that if you have little space at home, opt for a detachable and fairly compact model would be a good idea. On the other hand, if you have space, all the models will suit you, provided that they meet your real needs.
How to use an electric foldaway skillet
The electric foldaway skillet is the evolution of the traditional instrument of Asian origin, an excellent solution to prepare dishes in your kitchen … or out! In addition to being able to make oriental dishes, the electric foldaway skillet is also used to prepare other foods, being able to support a little ‘all types of cooking. In this small guide we will see how to use it correctly.
- Reading the instructions: Electric foldaway skillets are portable appliances that need electricity to cook food. They consist of a particular “pan” that is placed on an electric heating base.
- Our first tip is just that: do not neglect the indications provided by the manufacturer of your electric foldaway skillet. In the instructions you will find everything you need to use that particular item correctly. For example, you might find out how to set the thermostat, if indeed the pan is suitable for frying or other types of cooking. You may receive valuable advice on cleaning and maintenance or find out what all the accessories are for. The portability of the electric foldaway skillet is its biggest advantage, since it can be used to cook practically
- anything and everywhere: on the table at home, on the kitchen worktop, in the garden and more. As mentioned, however, for a correct use it is necessary to know the purchased appliance and not to neglect the instructions.
- Wooden utensils and oil choice: When cooking with an electric foldaway skillet, we recommend that you use only wooden utensils or other material that does not scratch the coating, generally made of Teflon. Also choose the right cooking oil, because sometimes the temperature exceeds 250° C and the oil could burn or smoke. To stay in the most classic solutions, you could opt for that of peanuts. Also, do not forget to wear gloves when cooking with this appliance, as often the handle is not insulated and you risk burning. In this regard, children should never buzz around the appliance when it is operating, so pay attention to the position of the power cord.
- Fast movements: When cooking at very high temperatures, it is necessary to move quickly and not waste time, to prevent the food from burning. Clearly, we are not advising you to be assailed by anxiety during the preparation of the dishes (cooking must always be a pleasure, is not it?) But a great way to be ready and not to linger is to prepare all the ingredients in advance. Then weigh them and put them in the bowls, keep the eggs close to hand, sliced, cut, chopped in advance, before activating the electric foldaway skillet. This preparatory phase will help you to enter ingredients quickly and in the correct order.
- For roasts: If you do not find a recipe book in the skillet you just bought, try preparing your first roast in this way: heat the pan and set the thermostat to a high temperature. Add two tablespoons of oil and, after wearing the glove, turn the skillet by holding it by the handle, until the oil evenly covers the surface. Now you can start preparing your favorite meat. For the whole roast chicken, however, we suggest to oil it and season it with oil and salt, then brown it on each side. After this operation, bring the thermostat to a medium temperature. Add the lid and close the vent, then cook for about forty minutes.