A roaster oven is designed to fit perfectly inside a kitchen for easy access. They are versatile with their multiple functions and easy maintenance thanks to the pyrolysis function. If you’re new to the roaster-style cooking world, you’ll be surprised how easy it can be to toast a succulent chicken or a perfectly tender roast. Many styles of the best electric ovens even come with accessories that also allow you to prepare other meats, such as hamburgers, fish and even vegetables.
To choose the best oven you need to look at many models, compare many products and their functions. If you are looking for this equipment for your home, read our ranking, in which we will present a few models and describe their parameters.
List of Top 10 Best Roaster Ovens in 2018
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Roaster Ovens in 2018
- #10-Oster 22-Quart Roaster Oven
- #9-Nesco 481825 Professional Stainless Steel Roaster Oven
- #8-Proctor Silex 32191 Roaster Oven
- #7-Hamilton Beach 28 lb. Roaster Oven
- #6-Oster CKSTROMK18 Smoker Roaster Oven
- #5-Rival RO180 18-Quart Roaster Oven
- #4-Oster 18-Quart Roaster Oven
- #3-Oster 24-Pound Stainless steel Turkey Roaster Oven
- #2-Oster CKSTRS71 10-Quart Roaster Oven
- #1-Ronco ST5000PLGEN Showtime Rotisserie Platinum
- Which electric oven to buy?
- Halogen or heater – what mini oven is the best?
Oster Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid, 22-Quart, Stainless Steel (CKSTRS23-SB-W)
Nesco 481825PR Professional Stainless Steel Roaster Oven with Porcelain Cookwell, 18-Quart
Proctor Silex 32191 Roaster Oven, Stainless Steel
Hamilton Beach 28 lb 22-Quart Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid (Stainless Steel)
Oster Smoker Roaster Oven, 16-Quart, Red Smoke (CKSTROSMK18)
Rival Roaster Oven, 18-Quart, White (RO180)
Oster Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid, 18 Quart, Black (CKSTRS18-BSB-W)
Oster 24-Pound Turkey Roaster Oven, 20-Quart Capacity, Stainless-Steel
Oster Roaster Oven with Buffet Server, 18 Quart, White (CKSTRS71)
Ronco ST5000PLGEN Showtime Rotisserie Platinum Edition
#10-Oster 22-Quart Roaster Oven
Oster 22-Quart Roaster Oven offers an excellent price-performance ratio. The mini-oven operates with a power of 1,400 watts, which is sufficient to reach inside temperatures between 120 C and 250 C.
Thanks to the integrated timer, the model can be continuously adjusted to up to 60 minutes and, of course, a preparation without grease and oil is possible without any problems – typical for a halogen oven. The extension ring allows you to increase the volume of the interior as needed, as an expansion ring for a 17-liter extension is included. The convection oven works with a glass bowl that is insensitive to heat and cold and the processing is very good – especially considering the low price.
#9-Nesco 481825 Professional Stainless Steel Roaster Oven
The timer can be set up to two hours and inside it can reach temperatures of up to 250 C. The self-cleaning function was also convincing because it makes flushing and cleaning very easy and comfortable.
The heat-up time is short, the operation is comfortable and easy and also the setting options are quite sufficient. Some of the slightly higher price as well as the somewhat shaky hinged lid made for a deduction in the test. The hinged lid is a good idea, but it falls back very easily, which can be a security risk especially at high temperatures.
#8-Proctor Silex 32191 Roaster Oven
Proctor Silex 32191 Roaster Oven impresses with a good output of 1,300 watts, which can reach temperatures between 65 and 250 C and the bottom line is good value for money with a capacity of 12 liters. The stove can be extended with a relatively cheap extension ring by 6.5 liters, but a corresponding ring is not included in the delivery. The heating is very fast and thanks to the good fan, the heat is distributed very evenly in the cooking chamber. Thanks to two cooking levels and extensive accessories, many different dishes can be prepared effortlessly. The built-in timer can be set up to 60 minutes and the two cooking levels that are included are very well made, because they have a good non-stick coating. Pliers are also included.
The disadvantage was that the lid holder for the hot lid must be purchased separately and the scope of delivery is only mediocre. Otherwise, the device fulfills its purpose and worked very reliable and good in the test.
#7-Hamilton Beach 28 lb. Roaster Oven
If you are looking for a larger, digital convection oven, you should take a look at the noble model of Hamilton Beach 28 lb. Roaster Oven. The model is completely digitally controllable and offers 11 different types of preparation as well as a rotisserie for grilled chicken. It works very economically and can reach temperatures of up to 230 C, works with upper and lower heat, is equipped with a convenient rotary switch for menu selection and of course also allows individual settings. The power is 2,000 watts and the device measures a total of 54 x 35 x 44 cm with an internal volume of 38 liters. Thus, the cooking chamber with a microwave is comparable, so it is quite useful as a complete oven replacement.
The auto settings for thawing, keeping warm, warming up, toasting, stewing, frying, grilling, baking and so on make the preparation very straightforward. The scope of delivery can also be seen, because it is already baking sheet, grating with two brackets, two gripping arms and a catch basin included.
#6-Oster CKSTROMK18 Smoker Roaster Oven
The Oster CKSTROMK18 Smoker Roaster Oven is a very interesting device. It is a mini oven, but not only. The manufacturer has also equipped the device with two heating plates. This model can therefore be successfully used as an emergency or field kitchen. The oven has dimensions: height 33.4 cm, width 54.2 cm and depth 39 cm. And it is with a heating capacity of 1600 W and a capacity of 34 liters.
In contrast, two heating fields mounted at the top of the device have a total capacity of 1800 W. Smaller field with a diameter of 15.5 cm is 600 W, and a field with a diameter of 15.5 cm has a power of 1200 W. The device is safe to use thanks to the installed double windshield in the door, non-heating handle and stainless steel housing. The oven itself operates at temperatures of 100 – 250 C.
It has been equipped with a hot air and an additional timer that can be set up to 60 minutes. We also have the option of choosing the work of the upper, lower or both heater. The temperature control lamp informs you that the device is ready for operation.
#5-Rival RO180 18-Quart Roaster Oven
Rival RO180 18-Quart Roaster Oven is an easy-to-use control system that allows you to set the right temperature. The capacity of the oven is 45 liters, and the total power of the device is 2000 W. This mini oven works in the temperature range 100 – 230 C. The user can choose the appropriate heating of the prepared food: from the top, from below or from both sides. We also have a thermal circulation and a timer. The manufacturer predicted the possibility of setting the timer to 60 minutes.
By buying this product in the set you will also find a grate, a spit and a roasting tin. Useful handles for removing the porches, which have also been included, may also be useful. The oven door opens downwards, and thanks to the convenient handle installed, opening and closing them will be easier.
#4-Oster 18-Quart Roaster Oven
Oster 18-Quart Roaster Oven is unusual in its functionality: at the same time you can prepare two different dishes in it, with two different baking temperatures. The Dual Cook system will allow such a solution by dividing the oven space into upper and lower. Likewise, the Twin LED display in two rows will display, for each compartment in another row, information on baking time, temperature and other selected settings. The oven is equipped with electronic control and the control knobs are located on the front of the oven. There are 6 functions to choose from, including automatic baking programs and the “pizza” function. The interior of the heating chamber made of ceramic enamel and has been equipped with lighting includes 2 metal shelves and 2 mesh shelves. The oven also has 2 heaters with a temperature range of 40 – 250 C.
In addition, we can also use the grill, and the function of the hot air. The manufacturer of this model also thought about the safety of use, which is why the housing was cooled in the oven, and so-called. “Cool door”, as well as a safety switch and a blockade against accidental operation. Customers liked the “separator” function the most, allowing to reduce the area of heating and reduce energy consumption.
#3-Oster 24-Pound Stainless steel Turkey Roaster Oven
The high-quality Oster 24-Pound Stainless steel Turkey Roaster Oven, with grate and baking tray, is known by many as a good and cheap electric oven. It is a free standing unit with a capacity of 45 liters and external dimensions of 563.8 x 427 x 364.5 mm. In the set of this model you will find a grate, a roasting pan, a roasting pan, and a holder for removing the grate or roasting pan. The temperature range in which the device operates is from 100 to 230 C. Heating can be turned on independently from the bottom, top or both sides at once, and the hot air circulation will ensure that the temperature is evenly distributed.
All 4 heating elements of the oven, with a total power of 2000 W, are made of stainless steel, making them durable. To maintain control over the baking time of your food, you have a timer that allows you to measure up to 60 minutes.
#2-Oster CKSTRS71 10-Quart Roaster Oven
Oster CKSTRS71 10-Quart Roaster Oven is a multifunctional standing oven with a capacity of 42 liters with hot air, rotary spit, grate and baking tray. The control panel contains a 4-stage switch that activates upper and lower heating, both together with or without hot air. The settings allow for smooth temperature regulation in the range from 60 to 230 C. Built-in timer adjustable to 120 minutes, will automatically turn off the heating, after the intended time, additionally informing about it with sound.
This model has a wide range of additional equipment, consisting of a baking tray, roasting pan, 38,5 x 31,5 cm grate, a rotisserie with clamps, a handle to facilitate pulling out a hot grate or sheet, a handle to facilitate the extraction of a hot spit, and pizza stone with a diameter of 29cm. Outer dimensions of the oven, which according to the consumers its advantage, are: height 36.5 cm, width 52 cm, depth 43 cm.
The heating elements are made of stainless steel and have the power of 1800 W. The heat-insulating casing guarantees safety of use, and the aesthetic design and solid construction make customers satisfied with its use.
#1-Ronco ST5000PLGEN Showtime Rotisserie Platinum
In addition to the rosting function, there are almost a dozen other ways to use this oven. The unit heats up quickly and its spacious interior can cook a variety of dishes, while the heating sensor ensures that everything is cooked thoroughly and evenly. The programmable cooking function calibrates the heating elements for optimum performance. The user has the option of including the operation of the upper and lower heater, or the upper heating element together with the spit.
In addition, the oven has been equipped with a thermo-flow function. A great convenience in using the equipment is the ability to set the built-in timer to 60 minutes. After the lapse of time, we will be informed about it by an acoustic signal. Together with the device, we will receive a baking tray, a spit, a rotisserie fork and a grill grate. The box also has a handle very useful when extracting hot dishes.
Which electric oven to buy?
- Shopping guide: Oven is an extremely useful device that can be found in virtually any home. Particularly noteworthy are such devices that have functional solutions. If you buy a good oven, it will serve you for many years. It will allow you to prepare and bake cakes and cookies. You will forget about the edge, underdone, on the one hand, the batter or the complete burning of the dish. In this guide, we ‘ll tell you which electric oven to choose.
- Size: The size of the oven is closely related to the space in your kitchen. If it is small, then it is suggested to purchase slightly smaller devices. Also, it’s good to take into account how often you use the oven. If you regularly prepare large meals for the whole family, it will be better to invest in a larger model. It may, unfortunately, turn out that appliances with smaller dimensions will not accommodate your entire meal and you will have to distribute it for two turns.
When looking for the right place, check the outside size. Thanks to this, you will make sure that the device fits where you want to put them. The average model with dimensions: height 33.4 cm, width 54.2 cm and depth 39 cm, perfectly meets your requirements.
- Power: This is one of the most important parameters in electrical devices. The higher the power, the faster and more accurately we prepare our meal. However, it is worth making sure that our mini oven has its regulator. In the latest models, it is a standard option, but some of the older products may not have it. It is advisable that the power regulator has a smooth change capability, thanks to which the equipment operation will be easy. It is important, however, that the power should be tailored to your needs.
If the mini oven will only serve you at the summer house, think about whether it is worth investing in equipment with a heating power of 2000 W. You should also estimate the dishes you are going to prepare in your appliance. If the only meal you prepare is hot casseroles, it’s better to buy a mini oven in the style of a 400W sandwich maker. This will definitely be a cheaper purchase that will meet all your requirements.
- Security: Undoubtedly, security is an important aspect. They will be important for us, the rest of the household, as well as the device itself. The most popular solutions used in ovens are: automatic switch off when working too long, blocking against accidental switching on – irreplaceable when you have small children who like to play with buttons, cool front – oven door temperature during baking does not exceed 50 C, cooling system housing – protects against damage to the furniture and overheating the oven.
- Timer and other options: Good equipment must have a built-in clock, an alarm, a timer, as well as an automatic shutdown option at the end of work. Timer with sound signal is a solution used in ovens for many years. You do not have to constantly look at the watch, the device will inform you about the finished work. If, after baking, the dish does not have to be removed straight away from the oven and you have many other things to do, the automatic shutdown function after baking is very useful. Some of the latest models also have a delayed start system.
Halogen or heater – what mini oven is the best?
Probably during shopping you will come across models with an electric or halogen heater. Each of these solutions has its supporters and opponents. Halogen models are definitely more modern. They give us a bigger field of action, because they are more efficient. Unfortunately, their disadvantage is the cylindrical shape. For this reason, they take up much more space and it is difficult to set them in the kitchen. You also need to know that the performance of both types is very similar.
It should be noted, however, that halogen combinators have the option of heating only from above. It definitely reduces the efficiency of work. The largest, noticeable, difference between the models is in aesthetics and appearance. However, you must think about whether you are able to spend a larger sum, just because of the aesthetic appearance.
- Additional options: If you hesitate between the two models, choose the one that has more additional options. You will probably use your mini oven not only to heat your meals. To do this, make sure that it will meet your expectations in advance. Remember, however, that not every model must have all of the functions listed. So if your equipment does not have a thawing system, do not use it for this purpose. This can lead to short circuits and malfunctions. At the same time, we would like to emphasize that the more options an oven has, the higher its price. The most common non-standard functions are grill, maintaining the temperature of dishes – it is very useful if you wait with the rest for the rest of the household. height adjustment of trays, defrosting, hot air, a special baking system for bread.