A soda maker offers you the opportunity to make own soda at home, saving you the cost of having to buy the soda from a store. The soda you make at home is also healthier; it contains no aspartame or fructose found in factory-made soda. You also get to try out different exciting flavors and various levels of carbonization. By making soda at home, you also help conserve the environment since you don’t contribute to the trash that results from discarded soda bottles.
With the many soda makers on the market, choosing the right one for your use can overwhelm. You may end up buying a machine with limited soda-making features and capabilities. To help you make the best choice, here is a guide to the factors to take into consideration, and a review of the ten best soda water makers in 2019.
List of Top 10 Best Soda Makers in 2019
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Soda Makers in 2019
- #10. Drinkmate/ Beverage/Carbonation/Maker/with /3 oz/Cylinder
- #9. Innovee Soda Siphon Ultimate Soda Maker
- #8. SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit, Black, and Silver
- #7. KitchenAid/KSS1121CU/Sparkling Beverage Maker
- #6. HBINC Handheld Soda Maker
- #5. SodaSparkle Handheld Home Soda Maker
- #4. iSi North America Stainless Steel Soda Siphon Bottle
- #3. AARKE-premium Carbonator-Sparkling Soda Water Maker
- #2. FlavorStation Home Beverage Maker
- #1. Professional Soda Siphon and Seltzer Water Maker (1 Pint/1L) with Illustrated Cocktail Recipe
- Soda Water Maker Buying Guide
Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Maker with 3 oz Test Cylinder, Matte Black
Innovee Soda Siphon – Ultimate Soda Maker – Aluminum – 1 Liter – With Free Cocktail Recipes (e-book)
SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit, Black and Silver
KitchenAid KSS1121CU Sparkling Beverage Maker, Contour Silver
Handheld Soda Maker Plus 1 Liter Bottle
Soda Sparkle Sparkling Water Soda Machine The Eco Carbonated Water Soda Maker, Black
iSi Stainless Steel 1 quart Soda Siphon Bottle, Silver
AARKE – PREMIUM CARBONATOR/SPARKLING WATER MAKER (STAINLESS STEEL)
Flavorstation Home Beverage Maker
Professional Soda Siphon and Seltzer Water Maker (1 Pint/1L) with Illustrated Cocktail Recipe Book
#10. Drinkmate/ Beverage/Carbonation/Maker/with /3 oz/Cylinder
This soda machine comes with a retractable Fizz infuser and double release buttons, allowing you to control CO2 release better. It’s easy to operate, and equally easy to clean. Unlike most soda makers that can only carbonate water, the Drinkmate Beverage maker carbonates any liquid of your choice. It doesn’t require electricity to operate, which makes it ideal to have when power availability is an issue, like when on the go.
The plastic that makes the soda makers bottle in BPA-free, plus the bottle features markings to indicate volume for easy measuring. With a small design, it means this soda making machine won’t take up much of your kitchen’s countertop. It comes in three colors; red, yellow, and black.
#9. Innovee Soda Siphon Ultimate Soda Maker
The Innovee soda maker is aluminum made, with a beautiful design that’s pleasing to have on the countertop of your kitchen. It’s an easy-to-use soda maker that allows you to make tasty drinks at your home. It features a pressure regulator with a threaded cap to ensure there’s no drip when making your soda.
Cleaning the Innovee soda maker is pretty easy, being dishwasher safe. To get you started, it comes with an e-book with instructions on how to operate it and how to make your carbonated drinks.
#8. SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit, Black, and Silver
The kit of the SodaStream/Jet/soda maker includes a soda maker, a reusable bottle, a mini carbonator that makes a maximum of 9 liters of soda water, and a 60-liter rebate. It’s lightweight with a cool design that makes you want to have it in your kitchen.
This soda maker doesn’t need electricity to operate, and its bottle is made from BPA-free plastic. You will find cleaning it easy, same with operating it.
#7. KitchenAid/KSS1121CU/Sparkling Beverage Maker
Utilizing a lever to control carbonization instead of buttons, this soda maker gives you a better experience making your soda water. The design is stylish, with a metal body and BPA-free plastic for the bottle.
It comes with a 60-liter carbonator reservoir and three flavors to start you off. The KitchenAid soda water maker is also easy to operate or clean. It’s available in 8 colors, giving you quite a variety to choose from.
#6. HBINC Handheld Soda Maker
It’s simple and so compact you can easily hold it in your hand. Despite its size, this soda maker is efficient enough and will make you sofa water in just three simple steps. The plastic bottle is made from BPA-free plastic, making it safe for your health.
It comes with a 10 starter pack for the carbonator package. Being compact, this soda maker is highly portable. It makes an excellent choice if you’re looking for a soda maker to use when traveling.
#5. SodaSparkle Handheld Home Soda Maker
With a compact design, the sodaSparkle is ideal for making soda water during outdoor parties, picnics, or when camping. It takes up little space without compromising its soda water making capabilities; you will still get excellent drinks. For carbonization, it uses a small-sized carbonator cartridge. The SodaSparkle comes in three different colors.
#4. iSi North America Stainless Steel Soda Siphon Bottle
This soda maker comes in a unique yet lovely design and is available in aluminum or silver make. It’s simple to use and clean and carbonates about any type of drink. You will find carbonating fruit juices, pure water or even wine as simple as a minute or two’s task.
The handle is ergonomically designed for more comfort and features a silicon non-slip grip. There’s a pressure control valve to regulate the carbonization process. The iSi is small-sized which makes it easy to carry and use when on the go.
#3. AARKE-premium Carbonator-Sparkling Soda Water Maker
This soda maker is made of stainless steel, with no plastic parts. Stainless steel cleans easily and doesn’t stain, making keeping this soda maker hygienic a simple task. It’s compact enough to take the least space in your kitchen but still efficient and convenient enough to make you an excellent drink in a minute.
It has a lever for the carbonization process making it easy to use. Three valves allow for the release of excess pressure. It requires neither electricity no batteries to work, and you can take it anywhere with you. Being steel made, its one of the most durable soda water makers you can get.
#2. FlavorStation Home Beverage Maker
The flavorStation is a countertop soda making the machine with a capacity of a half liter. It makes use of 20-ounce canister for the carbon. The level of carbonization achieved by this machine is controllable through a button that you hold down. It comes with one carbon cartridge and weighs 5 pounds. It’s small-sized and doesn’t take much of your kitchen’s countertop.
#1. Professional Soda Siphon and Seltzer Water Maker (1 Pint/1L) with Illustrated Cocktail Recipe
The Professional-Siphon-Seltzer is a simple to use soda water maker. It features a long-life pressure regulator and a threaded lid to ensure no dripping occurs. It’s also lightweight, with aluminum construction.
You will find this soda making machine useful when traveling since it requires no electricity to work, plus its compactly designed to take up as little space as possible. Storing it is easy, same as carrying it around to make soda when on the go. It also comes with instructions showing a step by step way to use it.
Soda Water Maker Buying Guide
When buying a soda maker for home use, here are the key features to consider.
- The Material that Makes the Carbonating Bottle: Ensure the plastic that makes the carbonating bottle is BPA-free. BPA is toxic, and a health risk if used in plastic containers made to hold food. Manufacturers will usually indicate whether or not the plastic they’ve used in their products contains BPA as required by law.
- The Method of Carbonization: The method a soda maker uses to carbonate water can be risky or not. Canister type carbonators can cause harm if they’re overloaded with carbon under too much high pressure. Electrical soda makers are less risky since they use a motor to bring about carbonization.
- Capacity: The capacity you choose will depend on the amount of soda you intend to be making. Is it for parties where there’s likely to be many people or is it for personal use? Don’t buy a soda water maker with a huge capacity you will not need, or a carbonator too small to serve your needs.
- Whether it Allows You to Set Carbonization Levels: Not every soda maker allows you to adjust the level of carbonization to fit your preference. It’s a feature you will find great, and you may want a soda maker that allows you to do it. Most machines with this feature come with buttons for different levels or an on-screen menu.
- If the Soda Maker Allows for Variety: Soda water making is only exciting if there’s no limit to the kind of drinks you can carbonate. Look for a machine that allows you to turn a variety of drinks into soda. Trying to force a machine that’s not made to support the carbonization of different beverages could result in damage.
Time the Soda Maker Takes to Bring About Carbonization: The length of time a carbonating machine takes to complete the carbonization process varies. Some machines only take a few seconds, while others take as much as four minutes. The time takes to complete carbonisation also depends on the amount of carbon, though. Your preference is what will determine the kind of machine you buy; if you’re patient enough to wait for several minutes or if you want it instant.
- Whether the Soda Maker Requires Electricity or Not: A soda making machine operated by electricity will need you to have access to a power outlet, making using it outdoors almost impossible. Even if it works on batteries, you would still find it inconveniencing when you’re traveling, and the batteries run out of power. Soda makers that require no electricity to work are better; they can be used anywhere, both indoors and outdoors.
- How Easy the Machine is to Clean: Depending on the design and type of material the soda maker is made of, it will be easy to clean or not. You don’t want a machine that gives you a headache to clean, and you would need to ensure it cleans easily before coming to buy one.
- How Easy the Soda Make is to Use: Some complicated soda makers can be troublesome to operate. You don’t have all the time in the world to figure out the steps to follow to make your soda. Go for a simple but efficient soda water making the machine.
- Size: Some soda makers are unnecessarily big, taking up a lot of space in your kitchen. They also prove not portable when you have to travel and want to take the machine with you. Choose a small-sized soda maker; it’s not only aesthetically appealing but also comes in handy when you want to take it with you to picnics, outdoor parties or camping.
- Type of Soda Maker: Some soda makers are countertops while others are handheld. Handheld soda makers are highly portable and ideal if you intend to use yours outdoors. On the other hand, if you’re planning on using the soda maker only in the house, the countertop type would be an excellent choice.
- Cost: While a high price is not always an indicator of quality, you do not want to fall into the trap of cheaply priced soda makers that will break down sooner than you expected. Go for soda makers that are fairly priced; not too high and not too low. Still, high-quality soda makers are equally highly priced and depending on your budget, it would be a good idea to get one. Only be sure to check the feature and be convinced they’re on the higher end.
Having a soda water maker offers an excellent way to make soda drinks, and at a fraction of what it would cost you to buy company soda. The drinks you make are safer health wise since they contain no additives. You also get to convert various drinks in your home into soda, an exciting way to drink your beverages.